The Internet of Things (IoT) promises a wide range of benefits for industry, energy and utility companies, municipalities, healthcare, and consumers. Data can be collected in extraordinary volume and detail regarding almost anything worth measuring, such as public health and safety, the environment, industrial and agricultural production, energy, and utilities. IoT is set to have a huge impact on our daily lives, helping us to reduce traffic congestion, improve care for the elderly and create smarter homes and offices. This course offered by Makintouch will provide a high-level overview of the IoT concepts from a mobile perspective, outline the role IoT can play in enancing the quality of life of citizens and explore the implications that IoT has for policymakers and regulators.
Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, or people that are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. Students will learn about IoT introduction, significance, building your own IoT devices, sensors, IoT communication and security. Koenig Solutions offers various training program under IoT.
In this course, you will learn how to apply Internet of Things technologies to solve real-world problems.
- Plan an IoT implementation.
- Construct and program an IoT device.
- Communicate with an IoT device using wired and wireless connections.
- Process sensor input and control an actuator on an IoT device.
- Manage security, privacy, and safety risks on IoT projects.
Chapter 1: Internet of Things (IoT)
- What Is the Internet of Things?
- Machine to Machine / User-less Communication
- Common Use Cases
- Components of an IoT Solution
- Open Source and Commercial Examples
- Competing Standards for IoT
- IoT specialization: Industrial, Medical/Healthcare, Automotive, Energy/Utilities, Financial
- Workshop: Brainstorming IoT Utilization
Chapter 2: Acquiring Data
- Traditional Data Storage
- Analog and Digital I/O Basics
- Sensors and Data Collection Points
- Embedded Platforms / Microcontrollers
- Software Development
- Device Security: Physical and Logical
- Connectivity Options
- Connecting Sensors to the Cloud
- Scaling Number of Sensors
- Workshop: IoT Sensor Utilization
Chapter 3: Utilizing Data
- Collecting and Storage of IoT Sensor Data
- Data Aggregation
- Processing IoT Data
- Privacy and Security
- Analysis and Visualization of Data
- How the work together: Cloud and IoT
- Big Data and IoT
- Use Cases for IoT Data
- Workshop: IoT Data Collection in the Cloud
Chapter 4: Implementing IoT
- Embedded Operating Systems
- Linux and Windows-Based IoT
- Cloud-based Data Collection
- On-Going IoT Operations
- Workshop: Implementing a Multi-Node IoT Solution
Chapter 5: IoT Analytics
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load)
- Combining IoT Data with Static Data
- Scripting and Programming with IoT Data
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Workshop: IoT Data Analysis in the Cloud
Chapter 6: Bringing It Together
- IoT Strategies
- IoT Governance and Management Strategies
- What’s Next in IoT
- Workshop: Design an IoT Solution