The Internet Core Competency Certification is a global benchmark for basic computer literacy, including operating systems, hardware, software, and networks.
In today’s high-tech world, digital literacy is a requirement. The best way to stand out of the crowd is to have the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification credential on your resume.
The Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³) program covers a broad range of computing knowledge and skills that proves competency in digital literacy. Regardless of your career or education goals, computers and technology will most likely play an important role.
The study covers introduction to computer basic which comprises the hardware (e.g. this is everything physically present in a computer: the keyboard, the screen, and the case where the actual computer resides all constitute hardware) and software (e.g. operating system, which provides a user interface and some basic commands.).
- Types of computers, how they process information, and the purpose and function of different hardware components
- Computer equipment and common problems relating to computer hardware
- Common operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, etc.
- Standard Web browser applications, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.
- General computer knowledge, including basic hardware, software, networking and troubleshooting